Wednesday 11 April 2012

The beginnings...

Well, hello there! I have decided to let you take a peek into my closet and share with you some of my vintage finds (and wants!). On this little vintage venture, I hope to share with you some of my very favourite brands and provide some hopefully informative reviews. Should all that fail, then maybe you'll just enjoy looking at the pretty pictures ;)

So, what inspires a girl to give up her comfy jeans and hoodies to adopt 40's and 50's fashion? The truth is, I haven't given up on those things. I have just found another look that I have fallen in love with. It all started about two years ago. There she was, looking into a shop window. She was wearing a beautiful frock that highlighted her narrow waist, immaculate seamed stockings and finished off with an elaborate updo. Everything about this woman was refined and elegant, right down to her adorable lucite purse and red lips. That was the beginning of the vintage love affair - and what a whirlwind romance it's been!

I'll admit, it took a while for me to buy my first vintage dress. I began my collection by starting with reproduction and vintage inspired clothing lines. I began to ease more of these outfits into my everyday attire, even wearing some to work. When I became more confident with this look, I began to investigate vintage brands: Alfred Shaheen, Jonathan Logan, Ceil Chapman, Dior among some of the vintage designers that I have come to know and love. The rest, as they say, is history. With vintage, that's certainly the case!



I hope you enjoy following my vintage venture as much as I do collecting and sharing x


No comments:

Post a Comment